New revision of the CHiLL high quality compact MIDI interface for Waveblaster (and compatible) MIDI daughterboards.
Available as soldering kit and as presoldered board.
The full kit takes about 30 minutes to build.
Download the detailed pdf build instructions here.
Connect your Waveblaster compatible MIDI board to any MIDI output.
No need for host soundcards anymore!
- 2x RCA for audio output with jumper selectable attenuation (to prevent audio clipping on some daughterboards)
- 2x RCA audio input (for boards like Yamaha DB60XG or NEC XR385 that support it) to apply filters and effects to audio signal. (optional)
- MIDI input through standard 5-pin DIN connector
- MIDI Thru (for daisy chaining MIDI devices) (optional through header)
- PCB Size : 99mm x 86mm
- Low noise audio output
- Requires 9V DC adapter : 2.5mm socket. (polarity does not matter).
- 2 possible chipsets for maximum compatibily (choose while ordering)
You can find a description of the available headers/connections on the PCB here
Well tested and fully compatible with both chipset A and B :
- DreamBlaster S1
- DreamBlaster S2
- DreamBlaster X1
- DreamBlaster X2
- Aztech CS9233
- Creative WaveBlaster (CT1900)
- Creative WaveBlaster II (CT1910)
- Diamond Multimedia Monster MIDI Rev B/Rev C (4MB version)
- Ensoniq Soundscape DV rev B
- Gallant GMW-1000
- Hizon DB333 (Formosa 16bit AudioStar Wave)
- IBM S-W1/C (KD020102 & KD020103)
- Korg Ai20 (AKA Trust Korg Super Sound Module / Guillemot Korg Wave Upgrade)
- Magic Wave Table
- NEC XR385
- Orchid Wave Booster 4FX
- Pine PT-202 Vivaldi Wavetable Daughterboard
- Pine PT-2030 Vivaldi Xtra Wavetable Daughterboard
- Roland SCB-55
- Shark Multimedia Tsunami
- Shuttle HOT-243Y
- Terratec DREAM GSWAVE
- Terratec MiniWaveSystem (SOWT-11 Ver1.0)
- Terratec MiniWaveSystem (SY/TTWT-11M V1.0)
- Terratec MiniWaveSystem (WT64 V1.0)
- Terratec WaveSystem Professional (SOWT-24)
- Terratec WaveSystem SCW001-2 (MPB-000004) (Formosa OEM)
- Terratec Wave XTable
- Turtle Beach CancunFX
- Turtle Beach Kurzweil HOMAC
- Turtle Beach Rio Rev 3.0
- X Technology TopWave 32 (XTOP-005)
- Yamaha DB50XG
- Yamaha DB51XG
Compatible only with chipset B (default choice):
Compatible only with chipset A :
Not compatible :
- Diamond Multimedia Monster Sound Wavetable Card 2MB
- Diamond Multimedia Monster Sound Wavetable Card 0.5MB (Adwave32S)
- Aztech Sound Galaxy WaveTide (only works on Aztech soundcard)
- Digitan Systems WT-100 (only works with Digitan Systems soundcards)
This board is intended for testing, education, development, and usage in custom projects and prototypes.
Check out this review by Phil's Computer Lab