Available now !
X16GS - gamer's edition (with licensed Dream/Roland GS bank - for DOS gaming purposes), based on X16
X16GS has one difference compared to X16 : it features a preloaded officially licensed, read only 16mbyte GS bank.
This makes is the best option for DOS gamers.
Hardware Specs :
- High End 16 core Dream 5000 series synth chip (SAM5716B), with up to 256 voice polyphony
- Compact high quality green, gold plated PCB, 53mm x 77mm
- Super low latency < 1ms
- 8 MByte SDRAM for high quality effects
- 1 GByte Flash for soundbanks
- 2x13 Waveblaster header for integration on DOS sound cards and custom projects
- Up to 400mA current consumption at 5V, when using all DSP cores.
- USB-MIDI interface (Class compliant), USB mini connector
- Stereo out, high quality 24 bit 112 dB DNR DAC
- Expansion header for future expansion / OEM projects
- High quality Dream synth engine, compatible with Dream 5000 SDK for custom soundbank design
- High quality GS compatible reverb and chorus
- 3 Stereo Insert Multi-Effects blocks (s (Distortion, Equalizer, Compressor, Chorus/Flanger/Phaser/Tremolo/Rotary, Delay), controllable by MIDI.
- 4-bands Equalizer, controllable by MIDI.
- Multi slot soundbank support, fast bank uploading over USB to flash using Serdaco X16Manager multi slot upload tool
- Bootloader for updating firmware over USB
- Support for DreamBlaster Presets
X16GS is shipped with the following preloaded soundbanks :
- Bank1 : Dream/Roland GS Bank (officially licensed, ROM bank)
- Bank2 : Dream CleanWave Bank (official)
- Bank3 : Buran Bank
- Bank4 : OPL3-FM General MIDI bank
- Bank5 : GXSCC Chiptune bank
X16GS BANK INFORMATION :
- Full GM/GS implementation
- 128 GM instruments
- 180 variation instruments
- More than 200 drum sounds in 15 drum sets + 1 SFX set
- All samples are in 16bit quality
- Official Dream/Roland License
Read soundbank details here.
Read the X16GS user manual here.
Read the X16/X16GS MIDI specs here
The X16GS bank is used with the express permission of Roland Corporation. This bank is used conforming a license agreement with Dream.
WARNING: This product may not be installed in any musical instrument. Using this product in the manufacture of musical instruments or selling this product for use in a musical instrument is a violation of the intellectual property rights of Roland Corporation and will result in liability for infringement.