This product is launched on Nov 15th 2018, to commemorate the legendary Buran launch on nov 15th 1988.
This is a General MIDI Synthesizer module, with a special looking a 'brick compatible' Buran, for all you 80's loving geeks out there.
It is also available in a 'classic' enclosure, for the more serious applications.
And finally also as PCB only, for DIY purposes..
This synthesizer features a new 50 mbyte soundbank, volume balanced to replace a Sound Canvas 55 in DOS games.
X3MB can be used for many applications : music production, connecting a midi keyboard, DOS gaming, ...
Also check the hackaday page for more information :
This synth is 100% compatible with DreamBlaster X2
- Dream 5000 series synth chip with 81 voices polyphony, high quality effects engine
- Super low latency <1ms
- 64mbyte flash for soundbank data
- USB MIDI in (Class compliant midi device, works on windows XP and higher, without drivers)
- stereo line out using a high quality 24 bit DAC
- Preloaded with a high quality 16 megabyte Dream General MIDI soundbank ,
or optional different soundbank (depending on choice)
- Advanced MIDI commands spec
- DreamBlaster Preset editor / USB uploader tool for advanced customization/tweaking.
Compatible with X2 and X3M tools and soundbanks : http://serdaco.com/downloads/
Review by Phils Computerlab :
Buran review by DOS Nostalgia :