DreamBlaster X2 Advanced WaveBlaster + USB Synth
Have a look at the user manual
- Small formfactor midi PCB : 65mm x 38mm size
- Black color PCB
- Dream 5000 series synth chip with 81 voices polyphony, high quality effects engine
- Waveblaster compatible connector for use on soundcards (such as Soundblaster 16, Audician 32, ESS AudioDrive, Aureal Vortex 2 and many others...) and DIY projects.
- It will also work on instruments that accept waveblaster cards, such as Oberheim MC2000, Korg NS5R and Terratex Axon AX 100
- Super low latency <1ms
- 64mbyte flash for soundbank data
- USB MIDI in (Class compliant midi device, works on windows XP and higher, without drivers)
- stereo line out using a high quality 24 bit DAC
- Preloaded with a high quality 16 megabyte Dream General MIDI soundbank
- Advanced MIDI commands spec available.
- DreamBlaster preset editor / USB uploader tool for advanced customization/tweaking.
Downloads available at http://serdaco.com/downloads/X2/
More unofficial soundbanks available here : https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=65873
Sound Demo's here on soundcloud : http://soundcloud.com/dreamblaster
Please note: There are some older soundcards with a Waveblaster compatible header but don‘t have an MPU401 interface. Instead there is only the SoundBlaster MIDI standard supported so the games that run with the X2 module are limited. Also you need SoftMPU to emulate the MPU401 interface in this case. Visit http://bjt42.github.io/softmpu/ for further information and a list of compatible games.
Some MIDI game tracks played on the X2 :
Review by Phil's Computerlab :
Use X2 with the excellent free MIDI player from Falcosoft !
And here you can see how Salvo installed his X2 into his Oberheim MC2000