This product is now succeeded by X2GS SE (second edition)
DreamBlaster X2GS features a preloaded officially licensed, read only 16mbyte GS bank.
X2GS Retro gaming soundcard :
- Small formfactor midi PCB : 65mm x 38mm size
- Black color 4 layer high quality PCB
- Dream 5000 series synth chip with 81 voices polyphony, high quality effects engine
- Waveblaster compatible connector for use on soundcards (such as Soundblaster 16, Audician 32, ESS AudioDrive, Aureal Vortex 2,...)
- USB MIDI in (Class compliant midi device, works on windows XP and higher, without drivers)
- 64mbyte flash : 48 mbyte user updateable, and 16mbyte read only GS zone
- stereo line out using a high quality 24 bit DAC
- 3.5mm connector, fits X2BOX enclosure
- DreamBlaster preset editor / USB uploader tool for advanced customization/tweaking. (Address 0x50000 for GS bank Preset, Address 0x70000 for User bank Preset)
- Specialized presets and banks available here.
Additionally it supports an updatable user bank (up to 48mbyte). This user bank is preloaded with Buran 1.1 bank.
X2GS BANK INFORMATION :
Switching between X2GS bank and the user bank, can be done using NRPN messages.
- Full GM/GS implementation
- 128 GM instruments
- 180 variation instruments
- More than 200 drum sounds in 15 drum sets + 1 SFX set
- All samples are in 16bit quality
- Official Dream/Roland License
Read soundbank details here. Find the needed midi files for bank switching here.
The X2GS bank is used with the express permission of Roland Corporation. This bank is used conforming a license agreement with Dream.
WARNING: This product may not be installed in any musical instrument. Using this product in the manufacture of musical instruments or selling this product for use in a musical instrument is a violation of the intellectual property rights of Roland Corporation and will result in liability for infringement.
X2GS youtube playlist
X2GS Demo by PC-Sound-Legacy :
Quick test by LGR:
Warcraft II Orc Theme :
Doom : Intermission Theme :
X2GS review by James Mackenzie
X2GS demo by Hustler
X2GS on CPC by Michael Wessel
X2GS game music demo on WavetableChannel
X2GS with Appiah4 GS 4.5 Preset, compared to SC55
RootAccessRequired X2GS review :